When it comes to getting started with your new Split Second Log Splitter®, we want to make it as easy as possible for you to get set up and cutting right away. Follow these quick start steps or refer to your Owners Manual
for more detailed instruction.
Your Split Second Log Splitter® will be delivered to your home from Sullivan, Illinois via FedEx Freight. Review the maps on the shipping page
for delivery expectations.
Due to the wide variety of gasoline fuel mixtures within North America we recommend using the highest-octane fuel available within the area that you live. Gasoline with more than 10% ethanol can cause running problems and damage to engines.
We strongly recommend using SAE30 weight oil. The capacity of the Split Second Log Splitter® oil tank requires 20 ounces of oil to fill the tank.
Starting the Engine:
Refer to Figure 2 on page 5 or your Owners Manual
- Set the Fuel Valve Lever to the "I" (OPEN) position
- Turn the Stop Switch to the "I" (ON) position.
- Set the Speed Control Lever to 1/3 of full speed.
- Close the Choke Lever by moving it to the left if the engine is cold or the air temperature is low. If the engine is warm or the air temperature is high, close the Choke Lever only halfway or leave it fully open.
- Pull the starter rope slowly until resistance is felt, then return the rope to its starting position. Pull swiftly on the handle to start the engine.
- After the engine is running, gradually move the Choke Lever to the right until it is fully opened.